I just had a couple friends go to Phoenix for a week getaway and they wanted to know of some fun stuff to do in Arizona. There's plenty to do, but here are my "Top 5 things to do in Arizona," all of which can be done on a day trip from Phoenix. (Oh, and you'll want to read the end of this post as I just added some fun stuff to do in Phoenix this June and July):
1. Visit the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, 2021 North Kinney Road, in Tucson. It's really a fabulous place, with a zoo, living desert museum and botanical garden. You'll walk a lot, so wear good shoes.
2. Hike South Mountain Park in Phoenix. You'll love the view of Phoenix at the summit.
3. Visit Sedona. Sedona's only a couple hours north of Phoenix, and certainly worth the drive. If you love hiking, then you'll want to hike Boynton Canyon in western Sedona.
4. Visit Oak Creek Canyon. Oak Creek Canyon's really part of your Sedona visit, but it's so special that you may want to just devote a day to visit the creek.
5. Visit the Heard Museum, 2301 N. Central Avenue, which has a fabulous collection of Native American art and artifacts.